Tips How To Create Comfortable Whole Wheat Pizza Dough
Whole Wheat Pizza Dough. This whole wheat pizza dough recipe is easy to make, it's naturally sweetened with a bit of honey, and it is mega-delicious. And after round after round of pizza-indulging — err, taste-testing — I think I have finally settled on my favorite recipe for honey whole wheat pizza dough. Mix it in the food processor, minimal kneading and no rising time required.
Whole wheat pizza crust has a bad reputation. If done wrong, it's often tough, dense, and well… flavorless. All whole wheat pizza dough recipes are different, but they typically all have the same ingredients: whole wheat flour, yeast, water, salt, oil, and some may have sugar. Nowdays, you should can prepare Whole Wheat Pizza Dough using 19 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how the way you cook that.
Ingredients of Whole Wheat Pizza Dough
- You need Utensils: of .
- It’s of Dry Cup Measure.
- You need of 3/4 Cup Measure.
- You need of Liquid Cup Meaure.
- You need of 1/2 Teaspoon Measure.
- Prepare of Tablespoon Measure.
- You need of Large Mixing Bowl.
- It’s of Wooden Spoon.
- It’s of Standard Mixer with paddle and dough hook (helpful but not a must).
- It’s of Plastic Wrap.
- It’s of Hand Towels (also known to Chefs as "Side Towels").
- You need Final Dough: of .
- It’s 1 Batch of Soaker (https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/259647-basic-soaker).
- You need 1 Batch of Biga (https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/256550-simple-biga).
- You need 7 Tablespoons of Whole Wheat Flour.
- Prepare 5/8 Teaspoon of Kosher Salt.
- Prepare 1 1/2 Teaspoons of Instant Yeast.
- You need 2 1/4 Teaspoons of Honey.
- You need 2 Tablespoons of Olive Oil.
Made thin crust pizza out of the dough was crispy but fluffy and just was really simple to make. Will be using this recipe for making pizza crust in the future! I was looking for a good tasting whole wheat pizza dough. I found this recipe and made it & it was so tasty.
Whole Wheat Pizza Dough step by step
- In a stand mixer combine all ingredients, mix with paddle attachment on low speed for 1 minute..
- Switch to the hook and mix on medium-low speed for another 6 minutes..
- Divide the dough in 4 smaller balls..
- Coat them in olive oil. Set them in a tray and wrap the tray tightly. Let rise for 1 hour..
- Form the dough into a ball and let it rest on the table for 5 minutes..
- Then roll out using a little flour on the table to help keep from sticking..
- If you are daring, try tossing the dough for a more traditional/ rustic look. At his point the dough is done and ready. At this point you can cover with plastic wrap and freeze until ready to use or bake (time and temp below)..
- Feel free to add a sauce and or toppings on the pizza dough (prior to freezing and or baking)..
- Note: Preheat the oven at 450F. Then bake for 2 minutes and rotate 180 degrees for even baking. The pizza should take 5 to 8 minutes to bake depending on the amount of toppings. The bottom will be lightly tannish brown when done (link)..
- Link to Whole Wheat Pizza with Portobellos, Spinach and Feta Pizza recipe: https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/256549-whole-wheat-pizza-portobello-spinach-and-feta-cheese-pizza.
Made with whole wheat pizza dough. And a sauce, but we already talked about that. I found this crust recipe in a magazine. Rolling the dough out thinner was also delicious, and baking/broiling the crust alone definitely made it more crispy, but I'm more of a thick pizza crust girl myself. Whole wheat pizza dough is easy to prepare and will impress your family and friends on homemade pizza nights.