How to Prepare Delicious Fajeto (ripe mango kadhi)
Fajeto (ripe mango kadhi). Add besan to buttermilk and whisk to smooth mixture. #fajeto #gujurati #ripemango #traditionaldish Fajeto or Mango Kadhi is a famous Gujarati dish made using yogurt, chickpea flour and ripe mangoes. Fajeto Recipe – Gujarati Ripe Mango Curry Recipe. Fajeto is a yogurt and ripe mango based curry that is tangy, hot, sweet and simply delicious.
This kadhi is tangy and sweet in taste which serves with rice and phulkas. If you want you can prepare fajeto using ripe mango pulp only,instead of using ripe as well as raw mangom pulp. If you like boondi,You can serve kadhi with boondi also. Nowdays, you should can prepare Fajeto (ripe mango kadhi) using 14 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how the way you brew that.
Ingredients of Fajeto (ripe mango kadhi)
- Prepare of buttermilk.
- Prepare of besan.
- It’s of ripe mango.
- Prepare of jaggery.
- Prepare of salt.
- Prepare of For tempering:.
- It’s of clarified butter.
- Prepare of fenugreek seeds.
- It’s of mustard seeds.
- Prepare of cloves.
- It’s of curry leaves.
- It’s of green chilli.
- You need of dry whole red chillies.
- Prepare of asafoetida.
Place the boondi in a serving bowl,Pour the kadhi over it and serve hot with steamed rice or padwali rotli(Chapatti). Mango, king of fruits, season is in full swing!! Who doesn't like the sweet, luscious taste of mangoes? When I heard about this Gujarati Fajeto Recipe from a dear friend, I just had to try it out.
Fajeto (ripe mango kadhi) step by step
- Add besan to buttermilk and whisk to smooth mixture. Pour in cooking pan. Keep it boiling, stirring constantly..
- Peel mango,cut into pieces & grind in mixer jar to make pulp. Keep aside..
- Heat clarified butter in tempering pan add cloves, fenugreek seeds, mustard seeds when splutter, add green chillies pieces, dry red chillies, curry leaves and asafoetida..
- Temper this on kadhi. Now add mango puree & cook for 3-4 minutes. Serve with rice..
Also known as Mango Kadhi, aam ras kadhi or Fajeto, it is a Gujarati dish made with a combination of ripe mango. So these mango seeds along with little extra mango pulp are used for making this ras no fajeto recipe. By looking at the ingredients list, you might say that this is like mango kadhi. Maambazham (ripe mango) mor kuzhambu, beans usili, yellow pumpkin olan, pumpkin peel thogayal, keerai I learnt from Bhatt that the origins of fajeto lie in the Jain community, which functions on the belief that nothing must go to waste. Ras No Fajeto was born out of the Gujarati sense of thriftiness and frugality that pushed them to invent a dish that utilises even the last dregs of mango pulp left on the seeds and peels.