Recipe: Tasty Tsoureki in the bread machine
Tsoureki in the bread machine. Tsoureki is a sweet egg bread (similar to Challah) that is braided and decorated with dyed eggs for Greek Easter. This is my first time making it using this recipe (and the first time it came out properly!) – so I wanted to share. This recipe is made in the bread machine on the dough setting and then.
Easy Homemade bread never tasted so good. While this Greek Easter bread (tsoureki) is traditionally served in Easter and the three braids symbolise the Holy Trinity, but it is also very popular throughout the year as a delicious mid day snack, breakfast or tea or coffee companion. Tsoureki recipe – How to make the perfect Greek Easter bread dough. Nowdays, you should can have Tsoureki in the bread machine using 11 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how the way you achieve that.
Ingredients of Tsoureki in the bread machine
- Prepare 250 g of strong flour.
- It’s 122 ml of milk.
- Prepare 75 g of sugar.
- It’s 1 of egg.
- It’s 1 tbsp of sheep's milk butter.
- Prepare 10 g of fresh yeast.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of mastic powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of mahlab.
- You need 1/2 tsp of vanillin powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of orange zest.
The video is only about easy techniques that involve braiding with simple strips of dough, no rolling, cutting or special shapes involved. Tsoureki (Greek: τσουρέκι) also known as شوريك (Arabic), choreg or "chorek" (Armenian չորեկ), çörək (Azerbaijani), kozunak (Bulgarian козунак), cozonac (Romanian) or paskalya çöreği (Turkish) is a sweet holiday bread made with flour, milk, butter and sugar and commonly seasoned with orange zest. Greek Tsoureki, a sweet, egg-rich bread usually prepared around Easter, is a showy, sweet loaf that is just as delicious as it is beautiful. But good looks aren't even this loaf's best asset.
Tsoureki in the bread machine instructions
- If you have a bread machine, put all the ingredients in and choose the kneading program only, about 1 hour and 45 minutes..
- If you don't, you knead as you know and let it rest for half an hour until the dough rises a little..
- Place a small tray in the oven with hot water at about 50 degrees and let it rise with the humidity..
- When it has risen, brush with 1 egg and sprinkle with slivered almonds..
- If you have a convection oven bake at 180°C with the small baking tray or else on both radiant elements until golden brown..
Just wait until you cut it open to oohs and ahhs of family and guests, taste the sweet dough, and inhale the citrusy. Open the oven door, reach in, and carefully press each egg farther down into the bread. Remove the bread from the oven, and turn it out of the pan onto a rack. Tsoureki is the traditional Greek Easter bread that's a deliciously soft, gently sweet yeast bread similar to brioche or challah but with it's own distinctive flavor. It's wonderful enjoyed on it's own when fresh and leftovers make fantastic French toast.