How to Brew Comfortable Mini Rye Flour Soda Bread with Molasses
Mini Rye Flour Soda Bread with Molasses.
Nowdays, you should can make Mini Rye Flour Soda Bread with Molasses using 8 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how the way you brew that.
Ingredients of Mini Rye Flour Soda Bread with Molasses
- It’s 100 g of rye flour.
- You need 25 g of rolled oats.
- You need 1/2 tsp of baking soda.
- It’s Pinch of salt.
- It’s 100 ml of plain yogurt.
- Prepare 25 g of molasses (about 1 1/2 Tbsp).
- You need 1 Tbsp of olive oil.
- Prepare of Grains, seeds, nuts or "Mix-ins" of your choice, like caraway, poppy, sesame, flax, etc. (2-3 Tbsp, but as desired).
Mini Rye Flour Soda Bread with Molasses step by step
- Preheat oven to 190C/375F. In a large bowl, mix together flour, oats, baking powder, salt, and any seeds/mix-ins you might be using..
- In a separate bowl, mix together yogurt, molasses/honey, and oil..
- Pour the yogurt mixture into the flour mix. Mix well to form the dough..
- The dough will be rather moist and sticky, but it should be firm enough so you can shape it into a ball. It'll be okay after baking ;).
- Dust your hands and the dough with a little extra flour (to help keep it from sticking to your hands) and shape into a roll. Cut a deep X into the roll with a knife..
- Bake at 190C/375F for 20-25 minutes..
- The molasses sweetness is so pleasant, you can enjoy it by itself or with just butter, but of course jam or even cheese is great too!.