How to Make Delectable Quinoa Idli ♡ 2 Types Coconut Chutney
Quinoa Idli ♡ 2 Types Coconut Chutney. Spongy Quinoa Idli Recipe is a twist to the original South Indian Idli batter. I have added quinoa in addition to the other idli batter ingredients like urad dal, rava, and methi while soaking and then ground and fermented. This results in a spongy texture of idlis which are amazing to eat.
With a subtle nutty and sweet taste these idli have a light ivory color from the quinoa. Serve with coconut chutney or piping hot sambar, this healthy meal is sure to be on your repeat menu. Enjoy soft and spongy quinoa idlis with any chutney or sambar. Nowdays, you should can produce Quinoa Idli ♡ 2 Types Coconut Chutney using 24 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how the way you achieve that.
Ingredients of Quinoa Idli ♡ 2 Types Coconut Chutney
- Prepare of Quinoa Idli.
- It’s 1 cup of quinoa.
- Prepare 1-1/2 cup of fine sooji.
- It’s 1 cup of thick curd.
- It’s 1 cup of buttermilk.
- Prepare 1-1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- It’s 2 teaspoon of Eno fruit salt.
- You need of White chutney.
- You need 3/4 cup of coconuts chopped.
- You need 4 tablespoons of roasted chana dal/ dalia dal.
- It’s 2 cloves of garlic.
- It’s 2 of green chilles.
- Prepare of Salt as per taste.
- It’s of Green chutney.
- You need 1/4 cup of coconuts chopped.
- You need 2 tablespoons of roasted chana dal/ dalia dal.
- You need 1 cup of roughly chopped coriander.
- It’s 2-3 of green chilles.
- It’s 2 cloves of garlic.
- It’s of Salt as per taste.
- It’s of Juice of half a lemon.
- Prepare of Tempering.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of oil.
- It’s 1 tablespoons of mustard seeds.
Check out more side dish for idli. This grainy and soul-soothing chutney made with grated coconut, tempered with mustard seeds is mostly served with dosa, uttapam, idli, vada and a range of Udupi delicacies. An absolute crowd-pleaser, this coconut chutney is a hit among both kids and adults alike. This quinoa idli is very soft, you can try this as an alternate for the usual white idlis atleast once in a while.
Quinoa Idli ♡ 2 Types Coconut Chutney step by step
- Grind quinoa to fine powder..
- Roast together quinoa flour and sooji for 3-4 minutes..
- Add curd and mix well together. Add buttermilk to make the batter smooth. Cover and keep aside for the flours to absorb the moisture for 20-25 minutes.
- Prepare tempering, by adding mustard seeds and aesafoetida to hot oil. Once the mustard seeds splutter add half of it to the idli batter and keep rest to add over the chutneys..
- Heat the idli pan with enough water and a slice of lemon..
- Divide batter in two bowls. Add 1 teaspoon Eno to one bowl of batter and mix well..
- Grease the idli trays with some oil and pour the batter with eno. Remember to leave some place for the batter to fluff..
- Cover the lid and let steam cook for 12-15 minutes. When touched the idli will spring back and wouldn't stick to your fingers, this means they are done. Scoop out with the help of sharp spoon.
- Add all ingredients mentioned for green chutney and grind with 2 tablespoons of water..
- Add all ingredients mentioned for white chutney and grind with 2 tablespoons of water..
- Divide the tempering between both chutneys. Mix and check the seasoning..
- Pack for school and office lunch boxes, eat immediately all upto you how you enjoy these healthy and yummy beauties..
Most of these chutney recipes are learnt from my mom, MIL and cook books. In a bowl add urad dal, idli rice and quinoa together. Coconut chutney recipe is the most preferable south Indian side dish for idli, dosa. Most of the coconut chutney recipes require no cooking. So it can be prepared without fire.