Recipe: Succulent Finnish Pulla for Bread Machine
Finnish Pulla for Bread Machine. We call it Finnish coffee bread (I'm of Finnish descent). Instead of ground cardamom we put the seeds in which for some reason really add WONDERFUL flavor. Try this Finnish Pulla , Bread Machine recipe, or contribute your own.
Tried it yesterday, the texture of the pulla was fantastic but. Your bread machine makes this pulla bread recipe easier. If you've never had Finnish Pulla Bread, now is your chance! Nowdays, you should can produce Finnish Pulla for Bread Machine using 10 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how the way you boil that.
Ingredients of Finnish Pulla for Bread Machine
- It’s 1 cup of milk.
- It’s 1/4 cup of water, lukewarm.
- It’s 3 of eggs, 1 egg reserved for glaze.
- You need 4 1/2 cups of all purpose flour.
- It’s 1/2 cup of sugar.
- You need 1 teaspoon of salt.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of ground cardamom.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of yeast.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of butter, cut into 4 chunks.
- You need 1-2 tablespoons of pearl sugar for topping loaves.
Simply put, it's a slightly sweet (Note: Follow your individual bread machine instructions as to adding ingredients. But do not mix salt with yeast. Salt will negate the action of the. Bread Machine Best Ever Pizza Crust.
Finnish Pulla for Bread Machine instructions
- Place milk, water, and 2 lightly beaten eggs in bread machine pan..
- Add flour, sugar, salt, cardamom in pan, then top with yeast and butter. Program bread machine to dough setting..
- Remove dough from bread machine pan and place on lightly floured surface. Divide dough into 3 equal pieces. Roll each piece of dough into 10-14 inch strand and braid like you would hair. Pinch and tuck ends under and place on greased or parchment covered baking sheet. Lightly cover with clean kitchen towel and let rise for about 30-45 minutes..
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Beat remaining egg and gently brush on loaf top and sides with pastry brush. Sprinkle with pearl sugar. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes until light golden brown. Cool on wire rack, then slice to serve..
Multi-Grain Bread (Bread Machine or Conventional). Focaccia with Olives and Rosemary (Bread Machine or Conventional Method). This is a bread machine version of Finnish Pulla, which tastes just like my grandmother's Swedish cardamom bread. My bread machine calls for the dry stuff in the pan first, which is what I did. Finnish Cardamom Pulla Bread – A light and delicious loaf of Finnish cardamom bread!