Recipe: Good Kabocha Squash Croissants
Kabocha Squash Croissants.
Nowdays, you should can have Kabocha Squash Croissants using 12 ingredients and 16 steps. Here is how the way you achieve that.
Ingredients of Kabocha Squash Croissants
- It’s 150 grams of Bread (strong) flour.
- It’s 50 grams of Cake flour.
- You need 100 grams of Kabocha squash.
- Prepare 5 grams of Skim milk powder.
- Prepare 10 grams of Sugar.
- Prepare 3 grams of Natural Salt.
- You need 15 grams of Butter (unsalted).
- It’s 130 grams of Soy milk.
- It’s 3 grams of Dry yeast.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of Grated cheese.
- You need of Toppings (to taste):.
- You need 1 of Powdered cheese / cinnamon sugar / Sliced almonds.
Kabocha Squash Croissants instructions
- Cut the kabocha squash into small chunks and soften either by boiling or popping them in the microwave..
- Add all of the ingredients except for the toppings and grated cheese into the bread machine and let the machine do the work until the first rising..
- Once risen, take out of the bread machine, roll into a ball and leave to rest for 15 minutes..
- Roll the dough into a 18 x 30 cm rectangle and spread 1 tablespoon of grated cheese around the center..
- Fold into 3 layers and roll out to the original size..
- Turn the dough 90°, spread another tablespoon of grated cheese in the middle, fold into 3 layers again and roll out once more..
- Repeat steps 4 & 5 once more. Don't worry if the dough tears a little here, it's not filled with butter..
- Roll the dough out to 18 x 30 cm again and cut into 8 triangles as shown in the photo..
- Make a 1cm cut in the middle of the triangle and whilst stretching the tips of pastry a little, curl them away from you as shown in the photo..
- Now roll it into a croissant shape. Spray with water and wrap to prevent drying out. Leave to rise until double in size..
- Brush over the glaze and top with what you like..
- Bake in an oven preheated to 200°C for 13 – 14 minutes..
- Roll up the left over croissant dough and bake these too!.
- These croissants are unsweetened so they make great sandwiches as well..